Visit me at: kellyapplegatephotograpy.com

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day (to me)

What better chance to talk about myself than on Father's Day? Today is more than just a Hallmark holiday or a day to get cool gifts for being a dad... as a dad it makes me reflect on the many blessings that I have (their names are Kennedy and Ansley). I cannot comprehend getting a better gift than that of being a parent. Throughout the day (at church, swimming at my parents, throwing rocks into the creek with Kennedy, driving home), I reflected on the many blessings we are given every day. These blessings are often small, and unnoticeable if we don't slow down and take time to enjoy the present. Being a dad involves lots of craziness and spending money on great deals (such as a pack of 4 princess cups... which actually seemed like a good deal). Bottom line, I love it... and it makes me a little sad that they have to grow up. Happy days.

I'm done... that's my serious moment of reflection.
















Kennedy swims for the first time with her swimmers. She wouldn't jump off the diving board yet... that's our next goal.




















I help Kennedy throw rocks into my parents creek. The game that never ends...














Ansley loves to swim.














Ansley and Kennedy snuggle on the bed before church. Have 2 sisters ever looked more different?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: