Visit me at: kellyapplegatephotograpy.com

Friday, June 20, 2008

Goodbye Katie Duck

Our duck (and babies) have not deserted the Applegate premises. For the past 30+ days, a duck has nested beneath a mega (yes, mega) bush outside of our front door. I have had visions of the duck babies frolicing and playing in my yard as their new home (trust me, this sounds fun). I digress.... in the time span of one day. the babies were born and the duck family left on the same night... and also left one egg (very sad).

We formed a strange attachment to Katie Duck (so named by Kennedy in admiration of Aunt Katie) that is unexplainable. We wish you well and hope you choose our suburbanite non-water-connected house to have your nest next year. Please feel free to hang around a little longer once your babies are born. We'll give you free food!

Enjoy the pictures below... I was able to take some pictures of one of the baby ducks.





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Maybe they left because you were taking too many pictures and it scared them away! :)