Visit me at: kellyapplegatephotograpy.com

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Trouble

If you read the headline to this blog entry, you might wonder: "Why is this good fellow in trouble? Is it because of the several hundred thousand daughters he will need to save to pay for their food, dance lessons, shopping sprees, education, and other miscellaneous expenses? Do these two girls present discipline problems?" Good guess... but no.

In fact, there is really no major trouble at all. The trouble is that I am already a "sucker." That's right, I said it. Being the macho American male that I am (no laughing), my daughters (and wife) make me melt. I'm guilty... I'm a softy and I love being a dad. As much I look forward to having a son at some point in my life, my own dad has described the relationship of a dad and his daugher(s): "There is something special about a daugher." Simple, sincere, true.

In earlier years, I imagined myself attending my son's first football practice and listening to the crunch of pads on a crisp fall day, along with engaging in wrestling matches and boy-ish activities. So in a sneak peak of my next blog entry, I recently found myself at a "dance" class for 2 - 5 year old girls in a room of pink, glitter, princess wear, and satiny outfits. And you know what? I was missing the start of Monday Night Football but was having a really good time. Who would have known? More info to come...














These pictures were taken as I was getting out of my car after a workday. What a nice way to end a workday.














She would have never kissed me if I hadn't washed my face today.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: