Visit me at: kellyapplegatephotograpy.com

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Hello Little Birdie

Today was a very exciting (and somewhat anxious) day. Our new little friend (a baby robin named Birdie by Kennedy) was displaced from her nest and is now learning to survive in the world of suburbia. Anyway, we pray she can avoid the neighbor cats until she figures out how to fly. Good luck Birdie!


Kennedy watches "Birdie" on our front porch. She never quite understood why she couldn't pet Birdie.


Birdie eventually made it to the lawn. On a side note, I discovered Birdie on a nearby grassy knoll in the process of mowing. Luckily I noticed her before things got messy.


Kennedy sits next to Birdie and tries to tell her that she will find her mommy.


Not the best picture, but this shows the bird's home on our 2nd floor gutter.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I did learn that you can actually pick the bird up and put it back in the nest. Birds can't smell . . . It is okay to put it back into the nest.
Good luck, Birdie! :)

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I appreciate your valiant attempts to keep the blog updated. It's getting me through a rough time. :)