Visit me at: kellyapplegatephotograpy.com

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Lucas Oil Stadium: First Game

In a ground breaking moment on the Applegate blog, I am not including pictures of Kennedy or Ansley. This may be shocking to many of you, so take a moment to collect yourselves.

Last night I attended the innagural (spelling?) football game at Lucas Oil Stadium. Fishers H.S. (where I work) pummelled Noblesville H.S. (where I pay my taxes), 31 - 10. Besides the excitment of watching Fishers win the 1st game at Lucas (The Luc), win it's first opening game ever, and beat Noblesville for the 1st time, the stadium itself was the main attraction.

Words cannot describe the new stadium, but here are a few choice words: monstrous, enormous, architectural marvel, breath taking. Pictures do not do justice to the experience of being in this building. After a taking a 4 - 5 story free-standing escalator ride up to the top level (with no safety barriers on either side.... I'm curious how soon it will be before a drunk fan falls off), I felt like I was on the top of a tall building looking over the edge of the escalator. A few people around me mentioned their fear of heights.

All descriptions aside, it was a fun night to watch some football and hang out with a couple of good friends from work.














The front entrance.














A picture of me in front of the "Lucas Oil Experience."














A nice view of the field from the north end of the upper deck .














Hello banners. These AFC banners are nice and dandy, but it would be nice to see another white Super Bowl banner after this year. Also, question... what happens to these banners when the roof opens?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: