Visit me at: kellyapplegatephotograpy.com

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Michigan City Excursion

This past weekend, Molly, myself, Kennedy, and Ansley, loaded up the 'ol Saturn Vue and headed towards Michigan city for our [most likely] annual weekend visit with our good friends from college. Although the weather was colder than anticipated (low-to-mid 40's), this did not dampen the weekend. Although there were 6 kids present (in the 3 to below range... and 3 in utero), we feel strangely rejuvenated and refreshed. We truly feel blessed to have these friends and look forward to many great years ahead as our kids grow up together and form their own friendships. Highlights included a rousing game of Balderdash, watching the the kids use Uncle Cody as a human playset, Christa's dinner, eating Cody's guacamole, spending 2 hours trying to give Kennedy a nap on Saturday afternoon, and watching 2 year olds build friendships.

I digress, obviously.

Other musings... I've realized that most of the pictures I take are of kids. Of the 170+ pictures I took this weekend, I'm pretty sure there was not a picture with both Molly and myself... or even the adult couples that were present. From the pictures I took, you would almost think that Cody was the only adult present (and I use the word "adult" with caution).

Anyway, we had an unbelievable time. This week I plan on posting several pictures from this week. Enjoy.



This photo shows part of the "Beachwalk" community. When this photo was taken, it was 69 degrees at 2:30 on Friday afternoon. This temperature dropped very quickly.


We took a 10-minute walk after our 3-hour car ride from Noblesville. Here is Kennedy stretching her legs and waving at me shortly after arriving at our rental house.


Molly, Kennedy, and Ansley enjoy a brief walk. This walk ended after about 50 more feet, when Ansley asked to go back (in her own way).


Crazy times. Kennedy and Christos run circles around the couch downstairs (more craziness to follow).

Posted by Picasa

No comments: