Visit me at: kellyapplegatephotograpy.com

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Daddy Day Care

Wow, this summer has gone by very quickly. In fact, this is really the first week where I am home with the girls for the full week (without a major injury, parent-in-law's 40th Anniversary celebration, or travels to England)... and it's been great. Not only have the last few days been very low key (which is a nice change of pace), Molly worked from home on Monday and Wednesday, so we got to spend some quality time bugging her. :)

As the girls get bigger and bigger, I find myself reverting back to the "kid of old," making play forts, running through sprinklers, eating Icy Pops at all times on a hot summer day, lots of tickle/wrestling matches, and other miscellaneous fun like sitting in my driveway and watching them push/ride assorted vehicles back and forth on the sidewalk (i.e. strollers, bikes, wagon, scooter, etc...). Now that was a long run-on sentence.

Basically, it's been a great week. Love my time with my girls - Molly, Ken, and Ans...

I've also been obsessed with reading through the James Patterson "Alex Cross" series this summer. I just finished book #11. I know... random.














Can you see the sprinkler in the background? What kid can resist running through a sprinkler?




















Ride 'em cowboy.














Fun with playforts. It is their "pig" house and I am the wolf. Unfortunately the wolf doesn't get a fun house to live in.














Action shot.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

cassie said...

One thing I like about you is keep growing older... but I don't think you will ever grow-up. You're awesome :) Thanks for sharing your lives with all of us!

Kelly said...

:)

True that.

Anonymous said...

You're a great Dad, Kell. You are making memories for yourself and your daughters. You are blessed to have a wonderful wife too!! I'm so happy for you. Love Mom