Visit me at: kellyapplegatephotograpy.com

Friday, July 4, 2008

Living in Princess World

Yes, I live in a world of sparkling lip gloss, baby dolls, glittery purses, pink crocs, and now a pink "princess" house. As you probably know, I am the dad of 2 girls and will be inundated with these types of items for years to come.

Does a macho guy (don't laugh) like me like having tea parties, burping cabbage patch dolls, and having Kennedy apply pink lip gloss to me? This might shock you, but yes. It's fun. And sometimes I catch myslf thinking: "Would I have enjoyed this 3 years ago? Or even imagined myself doing _____ (fill in the blank). For example, Molly and I have recently become obsessed with hitting garage sales. On a recent expedition (and yes, it is an accomplishment to get the 4 of us to a garage sale by 8:00 on a Friday morning), I was overjoyed by the great deals we found (see below). Princess boots and a princess house for $2.00 apiece! Can you believe this made my day?

I'm sure if we had a boy I would be looking for football shoulder pads, WWF Wrestling outfits, toy bazookas, squirt guns, and Spider Man gear, but this hasn't happened yet. It seems evident that having girls in our genes, but who knows... we'll find out someday. Until, I'll enjoy living in my pink-colored world with 3 awesome ladies.





















Princess boots: $2.00; Princess house: $2.00; bunny: $13.99; glittery purse: $8.99; watching Kennedy have fun: priceless.





















Princess boots close-up. Unfortunately they don't fit me.




















Kennedy works the cash register in her "store." Can you believe she charges $5.00 for stuffed animals? And for some reason she wouldn't sell me her bunny.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: