Visit me at: kellyapplegatephotograpy.com

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fireworks

In the annual tradition of keeping your children up past 11:00 and watching colorful explosions in the night sky, we again celebrated another 4th of July. Highlights included sitting less than 100 feet from the band (and speaker system), having particles of fireworks dust us throughout the display [seriously, it was pretty wierd], Kennedy ignoring Molly and me, and most importantly... my grandma (Gigi) volunteering to watch Ansley for the night (thank you).

It was a great night... but a little late for us 'ol timers (Molly and I). We got home at midnight and it felt like 3:00 in the morning.

Finally, I love the 4th of July. I recently read 1776, which really details the Revolutionary struggle against the British. In addition to this war, many Americans have given their lives defending the rights that we so often take so for granted. I feel blessed by the efforts of so many people who have gone before us... in God we Trust.













Kennedy rides to the park on my dad's shoulders.















A patriotic pose. Ironically, Kennedy refused to have her picture taken with Molly and me (see below).














This is our picture with our beautiful daughter. Notice how Molly and I had to lean "into" the picture when my dad was holding Kennedy? And notice the far off expression in her eyes? She almost seems to be rolling her eyes at us... but we know she loves us.
Posted by Picasa

Kennedy enjoys the band rocking out.

A cacophony of fireworks.

No comments: