Visit me at: kellyapplegatephotograpy.com

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Injured

Today's blog describes another self-inflicted injury that I can add to my growing life-long list (also included are hitting myself in the face with a hammer, punching a hole through a window while sleepwalking, hitting myself in the foot with an ax, getting several stitches in my forehead from a rock fight, and burning all of the skin off my nose in the quest to remove a pimple, etc...) Embarassingly enough, these items are only the beginning of this list... but they all have great stories behind them. If you know me well, you know I don't mind making fun of myself....

So last Friday I was creating a new landscaping bed and using a spade shovel to peel back sod. In one moment of bad judgement, I jammed my foot down on the shovel to dig deeper down (mind you, I was wearing crocs). In this moment, I "busted up" some capillaries in my foot and gave myself a severe bruise (I keep thinking I need a better word that bruise to elicit more sympathy). Anyway, by Sunday night, my foot had swollen to an unbearable degree and I could not put any pressure on it. I went to the doctor's office first thing Monday morning, go X-rays, and was relieved to hear it was not broken. However, because of the pain and type of injury, I was ordered to lay on the couch and keep my foot elevated and iced for a few days.

So.... thankfully my parents and sister Cassie have been watching the girls from Monday through tonight. THANK YOU. On the flip side, while recovering I have had the chance to catch up on several important things like: 1) signing up for goodreads.com (amazing web site if you like to read); 2) blogging; 3) editing many pictures I never find time to "play with," and 4) watch several movies that Molly would never watch if she was with me (i.e. Rise of the Lycans, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Rocker, etc... I admit, I'm bad at picking out movies but I like to watch them nonetheless.

The pictures below give you a "snapshot" of my day today....




















Crutches are actually kind of a pain if you've never used them before. They have been my best friends since yesterday.














My foot wrapped in ice... I'm sure Molly is embarrassed that I put a picture of my foot on our blog.














Yours truly... on the computer and watching movies. Luckily my ears are cleaned out. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jaysi said...

Awww....rats! The doctor actually prescribed that you "lie on the couch"???? I think I may be jealous of your injury! :) Feel better soon.

Kelly said...

Dr. Beaver is the best!